Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
6 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/3 cup cold water
Salt for seasoning
3 tablespoons canola oil
4 leaves butter head lettuce
1 tablespoon Kewpie Mayo
1/8 cup shredded carrots
1/8 cup shredded purple daikon radish
Drizzle of olive oil
Juice from ½ a lime
Cilantro to garnish
Preferred hot sauce to taste
1. In a bowl, stir cornstarch andpaprika to combine. Slowly whisk in coldwater to form a paste.
2. In a pan, heat canola oil overmedium. Season shrimp with salt, lightlycoat with cornstarch paste, and add to your pan. Fry each side until golden, about 2-3 minutesper side. Remove shrimp from pan and transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle shrimpwith an additional pinch of salt.
3. Place two stacks of two butterhead lettuce leaves on a plate to form the base for two wraps. Drizzle each wrap with about ½ tablespoon ofKewpie mayo. Then, add 3 shrimp to eachwrap.
4. In a small bowl, combinecarrots, daikon, olive oil, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Gently toss, then add to your wraps.
5. Garnish each wrap with cilantroand hot sauce to taste.